Amelia was raised in Colorado where she trained under Karen and David Samuelson. She graduated from Walnut Hill School for the Arts under the direction of Michael Owen and Samuel Kurkjian. Amelia’s summer intensives include The Nutmeg Conservatory, Washington School of Ballet, Houston Ballet, Ballet Austin and Paris Opera Ballet. She received her BFA from the Juilliard School, and while there danced in works by Monica Bill Barnes, Emery LeCrone, Darrell Grand Moultrie, William Forsythe, Twyla Tharp, Larry Keigwin, Merce Cunningham and Jessica Lang.
- Hometown: Gypsum, CO
- Dancing Since: Age 4
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet: 1
- Faborite ballet technique: I love the Balanchine technique for how it demands a dancer to be uniquely musical
- Favorite music: Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong
- What her diet is like: I follow a gluten free diet and believe in everything in moderation. Not a day goes by without me having a little or a lot of almond butter
- What drew her to Charlotte Ballet: The versatility among not only the dancers themselves but the repertory of Charlotte Ballet is what drew me to the company