Amelia was raised in Colorado where she trained under Karen and David Samuelson. She received her high school education at the Walnut Hill School for the Arts under the direction of Michael Owen and Samuel Kurkjian. She then went on to receive her BFA from the Juilliard School. She has attended summer intensives at schools including The Nutmeg Conservatory, Washington School of Ballet, Houston Ballet, Ballet Austin and The Paris Opera. While at Juilliard, Amelia danced in works by Monica Bill Barnes, Emery Le Crone, Darrell Grand Moultrie, William Forsythe, Twyla Tharp, Larry Keigwin, Merce Cunningham and Jessica Lange. She appeared in the 2015 Vail International Dance Festival where she performed Larry Keigwin’s Stormy Weather. As a company member of Charlotte Ballet, she has been featured in works by Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux, Sasha Janes, Mark Diamond, David Ingram, Dwight Rhoden, Jiri Kylian and Ohad Naharin.
- Hometown: Gypsum, CO
- Dancing Since: Age 4
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet: 1
- Faborite ballet technique: I love the Balanchine technique for how it demands a dancer to be uniquely musical
- Favorite music: Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong
- What her diet is like: I follow a gluten free diet and believe in everything in moderation. Not a day goes by without me having a little or a lot of almond butter
- What drew her to Charlotte Ballet: The versatility among not only the dancers themselves but the repertory of Charlotte Ballet is what drew me to the company