Candace Anna Ricketts was born in Chattanooga, TN, and began dancing at age 3. She started training at Ballet Tennessee at age 9, where she was chosen for many lead roles. She assisted and taught for the Dance Alive Program and performed at schools doing lecture demonstrations. She held a principal role in Barry VanCura’s Concerto, which won first place at Panoply Choreography Competition. Candace joined Charlotte Ballet as a Trainee in 2014 where she performed with the company in The Four Temperaments, Nutcracker and Peter Pan and since joining the second company has performed in Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux’s Sleeping Beauty, Sasha Janes premiere of Wuthering Heights and George Balanchine’s Rubies. Candace has trained in summer intensives at Charlotte Ballet, Boston Ballet and most recently in Chautauqua where she performed in Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux’s Danses Brillantes, Sasha Janes’ Four Seasons and Mark Diamond’s Path.
- Hometown: Chattanooga, TN
- Dancing Since: Age 3
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet II: 3
- Favorite movies: The Avengers and One Night With the King
- Performance she is most looking forward to: Nutcracker! I have always loved the ballet and it’s at Christmas time and I love Christmas
- Most prized possession: A purple ribbon I wore to my dance teacher’s funeral. He was the first person to believe I could make it as a professional dancer