Chelsea began her training in Fort Wayne, IN, at New American Youth Ballet and Conservatory under the direction of Beth McLeish. She then studied ballet at Indiana University’s Jacobs School of Music. Chelsea has spent summers at The Chautauqua Institution and The School of American Ballet. Some of her favorite ballets to perform have been Balanchine’s Serenade, Who Cares? and Concerto Barocco; and Mark Diamond’s Bolero. Chelsea was an apprentice with Charlotte Ballet prior to joining the Company.
- Hometown: Fort Wayne, IN
- Dancing Since: Age 3
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet: 4
- Favorite role she’s danced: Tinkerbell in Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux’s Peter Pan
- Favorite music: Currently Hunter Hayes
- She couldn’t live without: Coffee
- Why she dances: “Dancing has always been my biggest passion. It allows my soul to shine through.”