Josh started dancing at Lisa’s Dance Academy in Syracuse, NY. At age 8, he moved to North Carolina and started training at Dance Productions under Denise Britz-Clarke and Ed Phelan, and at Piedmont Dance Conservatory under Rebecca Massey Wiley and Daniel Wiley. He attended high school at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts where he studied under Warren Conover, Nina Danilova, Douglas Gawriljuk, Nigel Burley and Ethan Stiefel. Josh attended summer intensives under full scholarship with Miami City Ballet, Charlotte Ballet and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre. Josh has performed as Siegfried in Swan Lake and as the Snow King and Cavalier in Nutcracker.
- Hometown: Charlotte, NC
- Dancing Since: Age 4
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet: 6
- Working to improve: I always try to work on my shoulders. That’s the place I usually hold all my tension
- Favorite role he’s danced: Peter Pan
- Why he joined Charlotte Ballet: Patricia McBride drew me in. She called my house phone and talked to me about coming to Charlotte Ballet
- Advice for aspiring dancers: “Even the best have bad days.”