Are you ready for audition season? Take it from us- our company dancers have been through many auditions in their careers, and they want to share their tips with YOU to make sure you rock your audition!
Humberto Ramazzina dos Reis was born in São Paulo, Brazil and started his classical ballet training at the age of eight. In 2006, he dances at The Escolar de Ballet Ines Amaral. In January 2014, he was accepted into the Harid Conservatory in Boca Raton, Florida. After two years at Harid, he received a contract with Charlotte Ballet’s second company. This will be his first season with Charlotte Ballet II.
- Hometown: São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil
- Dancing Since: Age 8
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet II: 2
- Favorite music: Kings and Queens by Thirty Seconds to Mars
- Favorite Choreographers: Liam Scarlet and Christopher Wheeldon
- What does it feel like to be on stage: It feels like Skydiving, an experience that you can’t describe. You have to do it to feel.
- Pets: I have three dogs: Fiona, Babi, Ivana!
1. Treat it like a normal class
Drew Grant | 2nd Season
“Don’t be late and make sure to pick appropriate attire. Remind yourself that it’s just class, the same you take everyday, enjoy it!”
Lexi Johnson | 2nd Season
“When you go into the audition, try to let go of your nervous energy and treat it like a normal technique class. Try your best to relax, stay focused and show the teacher how much you enjoy dancing. No matter the outcome, the experience of auditioning teaches you a lot, so it’s rewarding either way!”
3. Dress to impress and show your confidence
Sarah Hayes Harkins | 10th Season
“Don’t be afraid to register early and get up front!! Wear something noticeable and pretty in your hair, but also don’t over do it. Pay close attention to details of the combinations, do it exactly how it is demonstrated to the best of your ability.”
Elizabeth Truell | 3rd Season
“Dress to make yourself feel confident and beautiful. You should go in the front and don’t be afraid to show yourself. Most importantly, just enjoy dancing and show them your passion.”
Sarah Lapointe | 3rd Season
“Always present yourself as well put together and organized. This will show your professional attitude and bring an impeccable look to every audition you attend!”