Jonas started dancing at age nine at the Academy of Ballet Arts in St. Petersburg, FL. He attended high school at the Pinellas County Center for the Arts where he studied under Suzanne Pomerantzeff, Patricia Paige Parks and Doricha Sales. He has attended summer programs under full scholarship with American Ballet Theatre, Alonzo King Lines Ballet, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, and Chautauqua Institution where he was awarded with the Artistic Director Award for Overall Excellence and Faculty Award for Technical Merit. Jonas has performed in Mark Diamond’s Bolero and Sasha Janes’s Four Seasons. This will be his first season with Charlotte Ballet as a second company member.
- Hometown: St. Petersburg, FL
- Dancing Since: Age 9
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet II: 2
- Favorite role performed: Balanchine’s “Who Cares” which I performed this past summer at Chautauqua
- Favorite movie: Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Advice for aspiring dancers: Always try to work harder than not only everyone in the room, but yourself. Each time you step in the studio, you want to be better than the last time. Think more precisely and move with more richness.
- Favorite Ballet: “Oceans” by Alonzo King