Michael was raised outside of Philadelphia, PA, and began his dance training at Ballet NJ Theater Company at the age of 5. He attended summer intensives with Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet, as well as Miami City Ballet School and Pacific Northwest Ballet all on full scholarship. In 2013, Michael began training at The School of Pennsylvania Ballet on scholarship before joining Pennsylvania Ballet II under the direction of Francis Veyette. While with Pennsylvania Ballet II, Michael performed in numerous ballets as well as toured with the company dancing works by George Balanchine, Christopher Wheeldon, Angel Corella and Durante Verzola.
- Hometown: Moorestown, NJ
- Dancing Since: Age 5
- Seasons with Charlotte Ballet: 2
- Favorite performance of the season: I’m most looking forward to Nutcracker this year. There is something so magical about the entire production, and it’s exciting to perform for the children who have never been to a ballet before.
- Favorite Ballet: Serenade by George Balanchine
- Favorite holiday gift: My favorite gift I have ever received was a mug from my sister. As I drink my morning coffee, it reminds me of home and my family.
- Advice for aspiring dancers: Ballet is a form of self expression through dance. Don’t get discouraged by any limitations you place on yourself. Artistry is limitless!