Sensory Friendly Nutcracker Performance
December 21, 2016 | 1 PM
Lobby opens at 11:30 AM
For the first time ever, Charlotte Ballet will offer a sensory friendly Nutcracker performance. Children, families and adults with sensory friendly disorders and other specific needs can join us to experience the magic and joy of Nutcracker.
Together with Allegro Foundation…a Champion for Children with Disabilities, Autism Speaks and InReach, Charlotte Ballet has re-worked Nutcracker for this sensory friendly performance to provide a more comfortable, inviting and safe environment to enjoy ballet. Plus, the performance is even sweeter with a million dollar makeover featuring all new sets and costumes thanks to a generous gift from the McColl family in honor of Jane Spratt McColl.
Charlotte Ballet is working closely with Allegro Foundation, Autism Speaks, InReach to reach out to individuals and families who might be interested in this sensory friendly Nutcracker performance opportunity. If you believe this performance would be a fit for you and your family, but have not received information through one of our partner organizations, please contact 704.348.5752 for more information.
Tickets are $15 per person. To purchase, call 704.348.5752.
What Makes this Nutcracker Performance Sensory Friendly?
- - Abbreviated performance length and extended intermission
- - House lights remain at half brightness and sound is controlled through recorded music
- - Entry and exit to the theater is not restricted – you may come and go as you please
- - Designated quiet areas are available
- - Charlotte Ballet dancers, staff, ushers and volunteers receive training to ensure an excellent experience for your family
>>Click here to download the Social Narrative Story for attending Nutcracker.