GET TO KNOW HUMBERTO
- Hometown: São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil
- Dancing Since: Age 8
- Describe a meaningful or memorable dance moment: In 2019 my parents visited me after five years since we saw each other. It brought me joy to be able to perform to them and make them proud for all the effort and investment they put into me. There’s just nothing better than seeing your parents proud of you.
- What do you do to de-stress or unwind? During my free time, I like to do Road Cycling. I reached 35 miles in 1:55, winning my first race. I’m looking forward to putting in more miles by the end of the year.
- What has been a highlight from your time with Charlotte Ballet? One of my favorite highlights with Charlotte Ballet was performing with the company in The Groove as a second company dancer. I remember, without any fear, throwing myself into rehearsals, finding my space among all the first company dancers and having their support through rehearsal and on stage. Being able to perform with Charlotte Ballet I while I was still in second company was a huge opportunity.
- If I weren’t dancing, I would be: “Finishing college and working in Real Estate, Banking or International Economics.”