NOMINATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR ONLINE FORM BELOW, OR PRINTED AND EMAILED BACK TO US. ONCE NOMINATIONS ARE RECEIVED, TOP NOMINEES WILL BE ASKED TO CREATE A VIDEO SUBMISSION. CRITERIA WILL BE SENT TO NOMINEES.
Each season, Charlotte Ballet honors outstanding individuals with three awards: Dance Educator of the Year, Dance Student of the Year and Dance Champion of the Year. During the Education Salute, each award recipient will receive a plaque and tickets to a complimentary designated performance in the 2023/2024 Season.
Deadline for nominations is March 1, 2023
DANCE EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- Three or more years of teaching dance in a K-12 public or independent school in Charlotte-Mecklenburg and/or surrounding counties
- Demonstrates excellence in teaching and engaging students in dance
- Adopts innovative strategies for teaching dance within the North Carolina Essential Standards
- Actively pursues artistic and professional development through workshops, performances and conferences
- Works to connect school, family, and community resources by involving students in trips, performances, and events
DANCE STUDENT OF THE YEAR
- Is a student currently enrolled in a K-12 dance program at his/her public or independent school
- Shows exemplary progress and achievement in areas of creativity, performance, attendance, character traits and work ethic
- Enjoys participating in dance and finds dance to be a meaningful pursuit in his/her life
DANCE CHAMPION AWARD
- A parent or community member who has supported a dance program in one or more K12 public or independent schools. (Dance Educators are not eligible for this award and should instead be nominated for the Dance Educator of the Year Award.)
- A person who has made a significant contribution to dance education through advocacy, special projects, fundraising, and/or volunteer work, above and beyond expectations.