For the first time in Charlotte Ballet’s history, our studios are dark and our Academy doors are closed. In a time of crisis, we need your support now more than ever. That is why some of Charlotte Ballet’s dearest friends created THE RESILIENCE FUND—a new $1 million campaign to help cover our losses during this time. Thanks to the generosity of our community, we are 85% to our goal!
THE RESILIENCE FUND is quite simply our lifeline.
When our revenue dropped overnight by nearly $1 Million dollars, it became our “go-to fund” for every conceivable shortfall or emergency.
- It first covered over $200,000 of salaries and benefits for the artistic team.
- It then kept our wardrobe department open to sew 700 masks for hospital front line workers and patients.
- It started underwriting revenue losses for 23 cancelled performances.
- It is now paying for original digital content to serve our diverse students and audiences.
- It will finance over $75,000 in cleaning and alterations to The Center for Dance so it is safe for students to return.
- More importantly, it pays for the essential needs remaining, in a new operating environment.
With continued support of THE RESILIENCE FUND, we can sustain this creativity and prepare for unseen challenges that may lie ahead as we navigate this new chapter. Any gift, no matter the size, will impact both our artists and organization during this time. Make a contribution below or to make a gift by check, stock or your donor-advised fund, please contact the development office at (704) 414-2783.